The website https://e-me4all.eu/ hosts the European edition of the e-me Digital Educational Platform, known as “e-me European”. This version is multilingual, open to all, and available to a wide audience, including educators, students, parents, academics, institutions, and anyone interested in Europe or internationally.
In the European edition of e-me, anyone can create an account through a simple registration process. For this reason, users of the “e-me, European Edition” service are urged to exercise caution in the following situations:
- When accepting friend requests from other users, especially those they do not personally know.
- When accepting requests from other users to participate in Hives they manage.
- During communication with other users (via personal messages, posts/comments in Hives, etc.).
- If any user requests their personal information (full name, email, password, etc.).
- When posting content, especially when sharing files, whether in their own file space or within a Hive.
Each user is permitted a single login account for the above service. Login credentials (i.e., username and password) must not be shared with third parties.
The use of the "e-me, European Edition" service must be exclusively for lawful purposes, in strict adherence to the terms outlined herein. Each user must refrain from engaging in actions or omissions that could disrupt its operation and negatively impact or jeopardize the provision of services to fellow users.
Users are expected to abstain from publishing material (text, images, photos, videos, wall posts, comments, etc.) that may be deemed illegal, threatening, harmful, slanderous, insulting, defamatory, offensive, pornographic, blasphemous, annoying, vulgar, or indecent. Users should also avoid posting any content that could constitute or encourage illegal or criminal behavior, violate the privacy of others, express racial, ethnic, or other forms of discrimination.
If users encounter such objectionable material, they are urged to promptly notify the administrators of the "e-me, European Edition" service. Administrators will then take requisite measures, including the removal of the offending content and the suspension of the user's account responsible for its posting.
Furthermore, in cases where user behavior or actions are reported by other users or come to the attention of administrators, and such behavior or actions contravene the rules governing the proper use of the "e-me, European Edition" service (e.g., engaging in threatening or offensive behavior towards other users, attempting deception, misusing storage space, creating fraudulent accounts, etc.), the user's account will be deactivated, and the posted material will be deleted without prior notice.
Terms for proper use of student Hives on "e-me, European Edition"
- I have informed my parent/guardian or a school educator about the Hive I am creating.
- The title and description of my Hive do not contain inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive words.
- I will not send invitations to join my Hive to individuals I do not know personally.
- If I wish to send invitations to individuals I do not know personally, I will first consider whether the invitation may bother them. If in doubt, I will seek the consent of my parent/guardian or a school educator.
- I will respect other members! I will not share on the Hive’s wall or in the Hive’s shared files any photos or videos with inappropriate or offensive content.
- I am responsible for the Hive I create! Therefore:
- I will regularly check the Hive’s shared files, wall posts, and comments for any offensive or inappropriate content.
- If I come across posts or comments with offensive content, I will delete them immediately or politely request the member who made the post or comment to delete it.
- If a member consistently offends other members, I will remove them, delete the material they uploaded to the Hive’s shared files, and delete comments from the Hive’s wall.
- I will convey these rules of good behavior to the Hive members to ensure mutual respect.
- I understand that if I fail to comply with one or more of the above rules or if my behavior offends other members, the service administrators may, after informing me first, deactivate my Hive, thereby denying me access.
CTI “DIOPHANTUS”, as the Implementing Body of the "e-me, European Edition" service, disclaims any liability regarding the limited duration, deletion, poor performance, or inability to electronically store any user data or personal page/service content.
Furthermore, the Organization does not guarantee that the operations of its servers will be uninterrupted or error-free, free from viruses, malicious software, or similar elements, despite every effort being made to ensure the proper functioning of its network.
The Organization provides the content (e.g., information, names, photos, illustrations, data, etc.) and services available through the website "AS IS." Under no circumstances shall the Organization be held responsible for any legal, civil, or criminal claims, or for any damages (positive, special, or consequential) incurred by the user of this website.
The "e-me, European Edition" service collects personal information such as the full name, email, and user role (student, educator) through Data Submission Forms, such as the Account Creation Form.
This data is exclusively used for statistical analysis and service enhancement purposes, and under no circumstances is it shared with third parties, be they natural or legal entities, except in compliance with relevant legal provisions and solely with competent authorities.
The website https://e-me4all.eu may also collect non-personal user identification data using corresponding technologies, such as cookies and/or Internet Protocol (IP) tracking. Cookies are small text files stored on the hard drive of each visitor/user's computer and do not gain knowledge of any document or file from their computer. They are employed to streamline visitors/users' access to specific services or pages of the service, for statistical reasons, and to determine which areas are useful or popular. Additionally, this information may encompass details like the visitor/user's browser type, computer model, operating system, network service providers, and other similar data.
For the above data, CTI "DIOPHANTUS" acts as the Data Controller, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and its policy published on www.cti.gr is in effect.
Policy for reporting and removal of illegally posted content
If a copyright holder identifies material on the website that has been unlawfully published and is not covered by any restrictions or exceptions under European copyright law, and for which no relevant license has been granted, the aforementioned copyright holder is kindly requested to communicate in writing with the Organization via email at email@example.com, providing the following:
- Their contact information
- Complete bibliographic data or, if unavailable, reference data for the material
- The URL where the material has been identified
- Information confirming their status as the copyright holder or their legal representative
Upon receipt of the report, the process of warning and withdrawing illegally posted content is initiated as follows:
- i. The Organization confirms via email that they have received the report and makes an initial assessment of its validity and credibility.
- ii. Upon receiving a valid report, the material is temporarily withdrawn from the Organization's website/service until a consensual resolution is reached.
- iii. The complainant and the Organization, or any other natural/legal entity that has submitted the material, are required to jointly resolve the complaint within a short timeframe by adopting one of the following solutions:
- a. Republishing the material in its original form.
- b. Republishing the material with modifications.
- c. Permanently removing the material from the website.
- iv. If the Organization and the complainant fail to reach a mutually acceptable resolution, the material remains inaccessible until an agreement is reached on the matter.
Jurisdiction, validity and modifications
The terms and conditions of use of the website https://e-me4all.eu/ are governed and supplemented by Greek and European law, as well as the relevant international treaties. Greek courts are designated as the courts of resolution for any disputes arising from this. Any provision of the above terms found to conflict with the aforementioned legal framework or becomes invalid ceases to be in effect and is removed from this, without affecting the validity of the other terms.
CTI "DIOPHANTUS", as the implementing body of the "e-me, European Edition" service, provides support to its users through the following three methods: